The Commission Process
1. First I need to establish size and orientation of the piece ie portrait or landscape based on available space, taking into account any furniture which may be close by, or based on your personal preference. I can make a site visit or work from photographs to help you make a decision if needed.
2. Create the palette for each piece:- You may have paint colour codes or names I can refer to, fabrics I can have small samples to work from or I can come and colour match to existing colours in the room.
3. If gilding is to be a feature we need to choose which kind of metal and colour of the leaf. There are many kinds of metal leaf to choose from eg gold, silver, copper, white gold, Caplain etc I have colour charts showing what is available. The price of different leaf varies considerably and the cost fluctuates daily.
4. I show you some ideas I have, prices for each and can create a visualisation of the piece in situ.
5. If you are happy to go ahead I will send you an invoice for
50% of the total which acts as deposit and gives your commission priority.
6. On receipt of the deposit I begin building the canvas. Some clients are happy to go straight ahead with the artwork at this point, but I can create samples of colours, textures and leaf colours for your approval before you finally commit. As soon as you are happy I can begin.
7. During the creative process I can send you photographs and updates of my progress.
8. Completion can be from 3 weeks to 6 weeks from the start of building the canvas.
It can take longer when thicker textures need to dry or when humidity affects curing
times, but I will inform you of any delays.
9. Delivery- I can deliver smaller pieces up to 1 meter wide personally. For larger pieces I use a professional courier OR you can come and collect from my studio OR I can pack up the artwork securely for your own courier to collect. Price of delivery starts at £60 within range of my studio e.g up to and including London. Further afield and for larger pieces prices will need to be calculated
10. I can also recommend a professional art hanger who would collect from me and deliver to you.